Thursday, August 25, 2016

Good Morning Sunshine!

https://www.pastemagazine.com
Charlie just called to make sure I was up and going.

"Good morning sunshine!" he said loudly over the phone with a jovial air to his voice.

"Johnny Otis would be proud of me. I've already had my shower and clean clothes are on," I told him proud of my very responsible self. "I am dying for a slice of lemon meringue pie right now."

Charlie reminded me that we are eating breakfast at McDonald's after the procedure. I had almost forgotten.

I actually set my alarm clock last night. I awoke at seven to Maggie snuggled up against me in this chilly back room of my house. 75° degrees certainly seemed chilly to me.

"I'll meet you at Kamath Medical at nine," Charlie replied and we got off the phone.

I am very nervous and agitated this morning for some reason. I can feel it in the pit of my stomach. Maybe it's my blood levels of Risperdal being so low or maybe it's because I've had so much to do lately and am weary of it all. I have to live a quiet life to do well these days. It's time to retire to my hermitage for a few weeks and recharge my batteries.

Part 2 -- Onward Ho to McDonald's...

http://www.nbcnews.com/
"That didn't take long at all," Charlie told me surprised as I walked back outside of Kamath Medical. "Let's go get something to eat. I'm hungry!"

"The nurses really take good care of me here," I replied to Charlie before heading to my car.

First, we stopped at my father's former pharmacy which was just up the road and I got two 20oz cokes to put in the fridge when I got home. They were to be savored later -- most likely during my before bed computer time. Yes, they will be amply enjoyed.

"Will you ladies just put this on my father's account or my account?" I asked Lydia who was manning the front counter of the pharmacy.

She smiled warmly and said she would take care of it.

I followed Charlie to the hallowed halls of McDonald's. I got two egg McMuffins and a hashbrown. Charlie got two sausage biscuits and seemed quite pleased of himself. Charlie then had an hour drive to work in Dadeville. I will see him again tonight for the medication ritual.

No comments: