Monday, August 22, 2016

Flotsam and Jetsam...



I am sitting here in the dark in a metaphorical sense of the word. I never know what is going on until the last moment before the "game". Charlie could arrive in 15 minutes or it could be 9:30pm tonight. I am hoping the phone will ring in the next 15 minutes or so.

I've changed my grocery game plan and decided I want to fry some steak fries and hamburgers when I get home from shopping tonight. The biggest bottle of A1 steak sauce is $5.99 which I love. I hope I can justify the cost, but shopping is easy when Charlie goes with me and A1 goes great with chicken as well.

"Here, get some of this!" Charlie will say and put it in my shopping cart.

And the bandstand cheers!

Charlie is an active participant in my shopping juxtaposed to my father who usually reads magazines and waits for me to say I am ready to checkout.

I am also craving one of those Edwards lemon meringue pies. The last two trips to Kroger and they were out. Our Kroger is always out of something you need. It never fails. They better not be out of my creme filled doughnuts tonight or we are going to get out our pitchforks and start a bonfire in the parking lot.

No comments: