Saturday, August 06, 2016

Everybody Bowls a Gutter Ball Sometimes...

It is getting close to burning the midnight oil and my father still has not stopped by with my medications. He is also not answering his cellphone. It kicks me into his voicemail when I try to call.

I guess I should get mad like your average plebeian and "stomp my feet at Johnny Otis" as Horsefly vitriolically says when he gets frustrated with matters like this.

I've also learned to not sweat the small stuff in life. He will be here soon so I will just have to give him time. There are just some things that I just don't have any control over.-- like my fathers actions. I feel like a live with Dr. Jeckell and Mr. Hyde.

My biggest worry is withdrawal from my medications. I can already feel that uneasiness in the pit of my stomach. I also have a mighty flighty focus to everything as well -- darting from one subject to the next. The experience could aptly be called anguish.

Ten Till Midnight...

Papa finally arrived and he was bringing treats as well -- a surefire way to assuage any of my misgivings about these matters. The way to my heart essentially and certainly begins with my stomach. Dad brought two double quarter pounder w/cheese burgers from McDonald's and an icy cold jumbo soda.

No comments: