Saturday, August 27, 2016

Coveting Thy Cokes...

https://imeanseriously.wordpress.com
"Sorry I am in such of a rude hurry," Charlie said almost dropping my medications in the process. That would have been a disaster. "I am going to have to come someday to just visit and see you and Maggie for a change."

My father always says Charlie gets flustered and snatchy on occasions such as this. He never fails to always get too much on his plate.

"He has a biting tongue when he gets like that," my father will also tell me. "Tread around him carefully and don't take anything personally."

My father knows how sensitive I can be to such emotional and social encounters.

"Horsefly is in the car ready to go see a movie in Auburn. The one he wants to see starts at 5pm," Charlie further told me. "We also have to eat our nightly chicken strips dinner from the KFC across the road from the shopping mall."

The Present Has Just Become the Past...

Charlie had his hands full of wonderful surprises for me this afternoon as he walked across my lawn. I wish my father would be so altruistic.

"I got you an extra large Coke with no ice and a double quarter pounder with cheese and fries," Charlie told me. "Here is a cold diet Coke to take your medications with."

Charlie about dropped the diet Coke as well -- almost juggling it to keep it from hitting the floor.

I was extremely glad to get that ex-large Coke. You see? I have six Cokes waiting for me at my parent's house, but I have been procrastinating something terrible all day and have been drinking ice water. It will only take me 10 minutes to get them,, but my brain has decided that trip would take too many minutes and too much exertion.

No comments: