Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Keeping Up Appearances...


I love that British situation comedy Keeping Up Appearances on Georgia Public Television.  It comes on every Saturday night here.

The Bucket Lady!!!  It's Bouquet!

I've about seen them all over the years, though. Dad says I am the son, Sheridan, and that mom is Hyacinth, the mother, if you are familiar with the show.

"What does Sheridan want now?" my father will ask jokingly when I call and mom answers the phone telling me hello excitedly.

Mom will balk when he says it. I have to agree that it is pretty funny, though. Mostly, I call to see how they are doing, though. I rarely need anything other than fishing for any leftovers dad cooked for supper and that usually makes him feel good.

"How much money does he need this time?" dad will then ask snickering.

Mom has been shopping this morning as part of the operation "eradicating the homeless look in Andrew" today as my father calls it. She brought me fresh and crisp white t-shirts, underwear, and socks. We nave to keep up appearances around here as well.

"Wash them first before you wear them," she told me. "They will be nice and soft."

The Injection of a Lifetime...

http://risperdallitigation.com/
I just have gotten off the phone with Charlie. He was on his way to work in Dadeville.

"Help me remember that your Risperdal injection is Thursday," Charlie told me. "I will get you and the injection there and then head to work."

It has been kind of a complicated week for me, you know? I want some peace and quiet to return.

2 comments:

Jan said...

I LOVE that show...I have been known to answer my phone, "the K. residence, lady of the house speaking!"

Summer said...

I have the entire show on CD!