Sunday, August 28, 2016

The Scouts are Out and About...

I just heard from a very credible source (Martha) that Johnny Otis and the Charles Meister have left my father's house to go get our Sunday night suppers! :-) I am getting my usual Kentucky Fried Chicken 3pc. meal, original, with 2 sides of potato wedges. "The usual," as I said to my father as if he were a bartender.

Making Connections...

I just had a long amicable conversation with my father as Charlie drove through the Valley. He was really glad to be home and can't wait to hear about some of my mother's antics while he was gone. . Time really does heal old wounds with regards to my father and I, but we can still have a few assholish maneuvers and moods from time to time. I really missed the old codger while he was gone. I do love the old man and he will always be my father. He was overjoyed at hearing my voice on the other end. I often have to evoke my Auschwitz Mantra when talking about the fellow.

No comments: