Friday, August 12, 2016

The Chuck Wagon Was Just a Wee Little Bit Late This Evening...

http://www.livestrong.com/

My father pulled up in front of the house with the Mags and I on the couch looking out for him. Mom had called and told me he was on his way. I love it when she does that -- keeping me in the loop.

"He is tantalized and mesmerized with a new cellphone tonight," my mother told me.

My mother, the other technophobe in the family, is actually using her cell phone as well which astounds me. You can teach old dogs new tricks.

http://www.potatochipsandwich.com/

My house and my parent's house is just a few miles away so it didn't take Papa long to arrive. Lately, I don't seem to have much more to talk about other than meals on this blog. Papa had cooked cube steak and it was fork tender. We also had cauliflower with a thick white roux sauce and grated cheddar.

"I put you pear salad in a separate container," dad told me. "It is not very good microwaved and best eaten cold and don't forget your biscuits at the bottom of the bag."

I put it in the fridge as my father's and my focus turned to Maggie and her needs. I refilled her big water bowl with fresh water. Maggie then got her a big scoop of freeze dried deliciousness.

4 comments:

Summer said...

Have you heard anything from Helen?

amelia said...

I would love to know what happened to your neighbour!

glittermom said...

People just disappear down there. LOL

Summer said...

LOL glittermom!