Monday, August 29, 2016

True To My Word...

I pretty much stuck to the game plan I had talked about in my earlier grocery musing blog post. I did spend $78 dollars, though. Dad was just glad I was finished eating all that milk and cereal during my week. They were traded in for frozen meals.

It is going to be a sandwich themed week. I even bought some liver cheese tonight which many people find disgusting, but I find it delicious.

I also ran the gamut on the sliced cheeses I bought. When I finish writing this, I am going to fix me a shaved deli turkey and smoked provolone sandwich -- hot and grilled right off my George Foreman grill. I want the cheese nice and gooey to tickle my taste buds. I've got the sandwiches if you will bring the potato chips. Maybe even some sour cream and onion dip? I will love you forever and ever, Amen.

RC Cola (Royal Crown Cola) is a Southern thing and was on-sale for $.99 for a 2 liter bottle and I grabbed four of the bottles of soda and put them in my grocery cart.

Surprisingly, my biggest expense was a large roll of summer sausage and several different cracker brands to accompany it with.

My big impulse buy this week was a medium sized container of Mrs. Grissom's select pimento cheese spread. It is a gamble and we will find out how it tastes tomorrow when I fix a sandwich for lunch.

http://www.mrsgrissoms.com/Recipes/

2 comments:

Jan said...

I try to eat clean. I prepare most of my meals from scratch, lots of organic veggies, no processed foods. Is it any wonder my binge food is cold cuts and white bread? I was just telling my son that I am craving a tomato sandwich on white bread with tons of mayo...

You're making me hungry!

glittermom said...

Jan, I love a tomato sandwich,just sprinkle a little salt and pepper and it's good to go..