Friday, August 26, 2016

Climbing that Stairway to Heaven...

http://www.atlantadiners.net/
My good deed for the day is done. I am happy to be safely home with my friend and comrade, the Magster. I was experiencing some very acute anxiety about getting this all accomplished. Mom's new diagnosis is degenerative disc disease. She has to go to physical rehabilitation and I am going to be her chauffeur for twice a week.

I just thankfully handed over the baton to my esteemed sister. She is taking my mother to the hair salon to get her hair fixed. We just all went and got pizza and pasta at Johnny's New York Style Pizza in downtown West Point. It was my mother's request. It was very delicious -- some of the best pizza I have ever eaten. I am unsure if my mother still wants to go eat Chinese tonight. If she wants to go then I will gladly take her. I could handle a big steaming platter of General Tso's chicken and fried rice. Don't forget the egg-roll and the spicy mustard!

The Ball is in the Court of Life...

Which way will you roll? Mom and I arrived at Dr. Bacshi's office bright and early this morning and I was ready for a long wait. The parking lot and lobby was just full of patients waiting to be seen.

"You wait here in the car," I told my mother.

"What are you doing?" mom asked perplexed.

"I am going inside to get you a wheel chair," I replied.

My mother thought that was a brilliant idea.

During all of this, my mother, the secretary, was also fretting over Maggie's heart worm and flea medications. I told her I would take care of that this afternoon and I did.

"I am thirsty," My mother then said as I pulled out of the parking lot of her chiropractor which had been her next appointment on the agenda.. "Do you want to go get a drink somewhere?"

We headed to Circle K to get some drinks. Mom insisted on paying and it was $1.51 with tax. You just can't beat Circle K's drinks deal.

No comments: