Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Damn straight! She's Got Her Thinking Cap On!

http://socialsavvymom.com/wendys
"Will you take me to Wendy's to get a large frosty?" my mother asked me over the phone last hour. "I feel stir crazy and I want a cold ice-cream treat to eat."

It certainly is a hot enough day for a little bit of ice-cream I noted to myself. My wireless weather station was reading 93° degrees and that was in the shade on the side porch.

"Thank you for having your head on straight," I told my mother with the utmost of sincerity and praise. "Usually, you would just go and get it yourself. You were going to get a DUI today."

"I haven't had that much to take today!" mom protested cluelessly and then guardedly laughed.

Mom was waiting under the portico when I picked her up. I drove us to Wendy's in the Valley. Mom and I both got singles with cheese and large frosties. The burgers were kind of salty, but the ice-cream was sublime.

Social Phobias Strike Again!

George's ex-wife was just at George's house getting his mail. It was the closest to finding out how he has been doing for weeks.  I just couldn't get up the courage to go and ask her how he is. Confronting the unknown scares me more than anything.

When Joyce lived next door, she would find any way come hell or high water to get a message to me on how she was going. Often, she was on the mental ward at West Georgia Medical Center.

No comments: