Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Heading for the Great Falls...

Charlie called me at 3pm which struck me as very odd.

"What's wrong?" I instinctively asked upon answering the phone and hearing Charlie's voice.

It sounded like he was in a call center somewhere with much raucous din in the background. It was amazing that Charlie got me to the phone at all. I had just plugged it back in its socket after a long nap with Ms. Magster.

"Your mother had a pretty nasty fall last night and lay on the floor until morning," Charlie told me. "She had an x-ray, but nothing was broken, She seems better this afternoon and should be okay."

Charlie wanted me to go sit with my mother this afternoon for which I obliged. I was the last person on this earth to be told what was going on which kind of miffed me.

Charlie's wife, Janice, took her home from the hospital.  I immediately got in the car and headed for my parent's house. Mom appeared perfectly fine and was quite chatty. Mom was worried mainly that we may not get to eat at the Zen House Chinese restaurant tomorrow evening.

"Do you want me to stay overnight at your house?" I asked my mother.

She said she was fine and tired of all this much-ado-about-nothing.

"Doctor Bacshi halved the dosage of Xanax I take everyday," my mother then lamented to me. "What will I do if I have a panic attack?"

I stayed quiet after that and didn't open that can of worms. I walked down to the basement to get mom's walker and asked her to please use it.

2 comments:

skinny minny said...

Scary! I would be a little ticked too to be the last to know. Hope your Mom is okay and uses the walker.

Rita said...

Being the last person informed about your mother is not a nice feeling.

Her having her Xanax halved by her doctor is good. Probably just that will give her a panic attack. What does the rest of the world do when they get panic attacks? I get them sometimes and so does my daughter. We have never taken anything for them.

I did read recently that a magnesium deficiency has a few side affects, and panic attacks is one of them. I would think that anyone who is prone to panic attacks should be taking some magnesium every day. Bananas have some in them, so your addition of bananas to your diet might help you as well. Some things do not work immediately or over night, but take some time.