Thursday, August 18, 2016

Two Peas In A Crowded Pod...


Are you an irregular pea or just an oblong pea? I have decided I am an obtuse pea.

"Did I put your cigarettes in your sack?" my mother asked me as I stood at their back door.

I looked in my sack and yes, there there was a package of Doral full flavor 100's cigarettes.

"Don''t do that to me -- it makes me very nervous," I replied to my mother with a very lukewarm smile. "I am easily tempted. I don't want to get them, and the cigars as well."

She was operating on  Johnny Otis's strict orders.

Mom was lonely this afternoon and I was as well. It was rather odd for her to be up and about this time of the day.

"Let's go to us a  large thick chocolate milkshake at Sonic!" I told my mother in a moment of inspiration. "And we will do some people watching as well."

"Let's wait untel 8pm when the shakes are all off half  price," my mother astutely told me.

Dad and I also had a minor scrape last night.

"You're beginning to get that homeless look again," he told me -- chastising me. "Charlie needs to cut your hair again and you need to vary your wardrobe and wear some different shirts."

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Your father needs to be satisfied your not drinking or homeless..your doing so good! And he needs to stop pushing you to start smoking...I wear old clothes around the house,nothing wrong with that...Grrr...your father!

amelia said...

Your dad is weird. Sorry for saying that but he is. In my wildest dreams I can't imagine pushing any of my children to smoke. I'm always begging them not to.
You should see the way I dress indoors! I look like a rag pile!

skinny minny said...

I second the grr and your dad is weird comments. I can not imagine encouraging anyone to smoke ever! as for the clothes thing...my mom is the same way and you know what? it just doesn't matter. When i am home I am mostly in my grubby clothes and shock! sometimes I even go by Krogers on my way home from the gym all sweaty and in my workout clothes that are not pretty. be happy do no harm and leave the world better than you found it. How you dress at home and off work just doesn't really matter most of the time.