Sunday, August 28, 2016

Waiting On Sunrise...

https://www.diapers.com
My body decided to wake up at a very dark 6am this morning. My eyes felt like they were burning from lack of sleep. I also woke up to this extreme feeling of vertigo in my pitch black bedroom. I fumbled around and finally found my bedside lamp and turned it on without knocking it off my bedside table.

Maggie actually woke me first by howling/baying in her sleep which is a haunting and wanton sound like those of mourning doves.

I am hoping I will get sleepy again after eating a modest breakfast. So far, we are munching on some unfrosted strawberry Pop-Tarts and drinking a big icy cold glass of milk. The cold milk is like heaven on earth quenching my thirst. Lately, Charlie's been showing up about 10am with our McDonald's biscuits so I hope I am not ruining my appetite.

The grand Poo-Bah is back in town (Papa). I haven't had a chance to see him yet, though. Even after a week long soiree in Florida on the beach, last night he had to go to a class reunion -- the class of 1964. I kept hoping he would stop by on his way home.

My idea of a vacation is some quiet time spent on my idle pursuits like farting around with my computers and completing some of my model railroading projects. Not a drive to Florida to spend a week socializing and then coming home to a fancy frou frou class reunion. I felt exhausted just hearing my mother talk about it last night on the phone. She couldn't have done it either. Each to his own I guess.

Speaking of my mother, she is just reeling from having her Xanax dosage halved.

"What if my panic attacks start up again?" was what she asked me on the phone.

There were a lot of things I could have done wrong this past week that I handled the right way like an adult. I hope my father recognizes this and I get some acknowledgment or maybe even some praise. It never hurts to give an "attaboy" to those that you love.

Well, sunlight is now on the horizon, so lets me get a shower, get dressed, and start my day.

No comments: