Monday, August 29, 2016

Should We Put Tony the Tiger Out to the Pasture?

Grocery Day Thoughts...
https://www.soap.com
Yes, I think I am finally tired of milk and cereal after months of those two being a mainstay in my diet. My father says I am lucky to not be 30 pounds overweight by now and I have gained a bit of weight in my midsection. Dad calls it my "dunlop". I have quickly tired of bananas as well. I can't think of anything to take its place, though.

I think I may try some of those new Stouffer's frozen meals that are designed as Marie Calender's main competition. I saw some commercials on television last night and they look promising and delicious. I want easy to cook and cleanup with little trash. I will pay a little more for a high quality and more nutritious meal which means I am staying away from Banquette brand meals.

Sandwiches will also be a focus in this weeks shopping. I shall get lots of cold cuts, fancy Cobblestone Mill bread, and assorted sliced cheeses. I've to put my George Foreman grill into action this week. It is lingering unused in the top shelf of my kitchen cabinets.

Another thing I added to my very short grocery list is two large bottles of V-8 juice and Louisiana style hot sauce. We can make some nonalcoholic Bloody Marys.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I'm never fully satisfied from one of those frozen meals...I like to put some butter on the bread and grill my sandwich, especially good with cheese on the sandwich and a little mayo...