Monday, August 22, 2016

A Pleasant Night of Shopping...

http://m.longhornsteakhouse.com/
Charlies's introduction tonight was a whirlwind of activity. We took my medications and then hurried the process of Maggie's ritual.

"I'll meet you at Kroger," I told Charlie minding the fact that he had worked all day.

There are now hunger inducing burger patties frying on the stove. The smell is intoxicating for Andrew and Maggie alike. Cooking 101: I always shape the beef patties concave on both sides so they don't bulge up in the center while cooking.

Maggie is very in-tune to this interesting process and the wonderful smells emanating from the kitchen. She is also staying underfoot which is a dangerous place to be for pups and cooks. Before we know it, there will be sore paws and hurt feelings if the parties involved aren't careful.

A jovial Charlie was in a grand mood tonight. They broke the mold after making that one-of-a-kind and special man.

"I am going to help you shop and we're getting you a lot of food for your money," Charlie told me adamantly.

And the bandstand cheers again!

I debited a little over $107 dollars out of my disability account tonight -- enough to give my father a coronary.

I also very thankfully managed to get my Edwards lemon meringue pie. It will thaw overnight after being frozen and I will have a grand sized slice for breakfast and the rest will go in the fridge.

2 comments:

Jan said...

$107!?! Bet your father won't let you two loose in a grocery store for a while. The thought of lemon meringue pie makes my mouth water!

glittermom said...

Makes up for all the times you don't spend enough!