Monday, August 01, 2016

Like Something Biblical...

I can't believe I just drove over to my parents in a blinding thunderstorm. I, of all people, should know better than to do that. I was very desperate for a cold soda. I am usually very skittish of the weather despite my love of a good thunderstorm. Always take shelter.

Luckily, my Honda has all wheel drive and sits much higher off the road than your average car. That helped me get through all the flooding in downtown West Point. There is a reason for all the flash flood warnings on the signs traversing through downtown and all us idiots were trying to drive through it.

I chose a different route while driving home -- the route that goes through my old childhood neighborhood. There were no obstacles in my way and I safely made it back to mi casa.

Let's All Eat, Drink, and Be Merry for Tomorrow May Never Come...

Ah, another Monday has come and buying groceries is right on its tail end. Mom was just asking me what I was getting as we sat in my parent's den.

"Three bags of Kroger frosted flakes and four gallons of milk," I told my mother with a smile.

Always the harbinger of good news, my mother told me that my father doesn't see how I can drink 4 gallons of milk a week. I just drank my last glass of milk earlier today. I scoffed, but I decided I best choose my battles very wisely. I wanted to say that what I eat or drink is none of his business.

"One thing I do want," I told my mother, "Is a box of those Krispy Kreme cream filled and chocolate iced doughnuts."

Mom, having similar taste buds to I, thought that sounded delicious.

What? No Charlie?

Charlie didn't arrive with my father last night for Sunday night fried chicken. My father didn't stay but just a minute himself.

"Charlie had something he had to do in Auburn," my father told me.

Maggie and I were both so disappointed. I had all the trash taken out and the kitchen was in decent shape for his visit.

No comments: