Wednesday, August 31, 2016

It's Time to Get Mobile Again...

You don't know how much you rely on your car until the one you own no longer works. I usually fix these kinds of things myself, but I am shamefully being lazy and also being kind of perplexed about this whole dilemma -- my mind a mish mash of directions of where to go. Call me indecision.

Bob from West Point Tire and Auto got busy yesterday at his garage and never couldn't make it out to my house which left me without a car for one more day.

The last time I took my car to Bob he mentioned to my mother how dusty my engine was. It really got to me and embarrassed me. He will be surprised when he opens my hood today. You can eat off my engine.

My father wants me to call him when I get up and going.  We are going to jump my car off and drive it to the shop which is just a few miles away across the river into West Point.

"Now, take a shower and put on some nice clothes," my father told me over the phone.

"We are just going to drop my car off at the mechanics," I replied to my father flabbergasted.

It shouldn't be expensive, but those are often my famous last words.

EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY! Canine On the Loose!

 

Moments after writing the above post, I was sitting at this computer and I looked out into the front yard as I heard a commotion and Maggie's bark. The meter reader (I assume) left both gates open this morning and Maggie was sitting in my front yard without a care in the world just a couple hundred yards from super busy Gilmer Avenue -- the busiest road in the neighborhood. I couldn't get her back into the fence for nothing -- not even for one of her favorite treats. She would bark at me and run like this was all some kind of crazy game.

"Dad? Are you dressed? Get yourself over here pronto. Maggie is out of her fence," I exclaimed over the phone.

She minds my father much better than she does me. I am only Zeta dog and my father is Theta dog.

"Let me get dressed and I am on my way," my father urgently replied.

It took three of us to get Maggie back in the fence. Myself, my father, and my next door neighbor.

"I don't know what I would do without my babies," my good neighbor to the right of my house told me and my father about her two dogs.

Once we got Maggie back in the fence, my father and I took this opportunity to get my car fixed. It was a simple fix and only took the mechanic 5 minutes. He said he a had a Honda come in every other week or so with the same problem..

2 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Any new news on George, your neighbor? He is a good fellow too, even though he has had a hard time lately.

PipeTobacco

Rita said...

The mail man used to leave my gate open and my dog would escape. I finally posted a sign on my front door, "If you opened my gate and came in my yard, please latch it on your way out." I have not had a problem since. It baffles me how people open a door or a gate to enter, but don't even think to close it on their way out.

A call to the company, or a letter, to remind meter readers to re-latch any gates they open could help.

A note or sign might be a good help for all such visitors.