Thursday, August 10, 2017

5 O'Clock Happy Hour...


When I got home from my injection this morning (which went routinely), I was feeling very drowsy even though I slept well all night. I undressed down to my skivvies, got in the bed, and miraculously woke up many, many hours later. I looked at my bedside alarm clock and it was 5 PM. Thank you, Jeebus, as I needed that sleep. I hope I don't jinx myself by saying this, but I feel much, much better today.

I felt so bad last night that I drove to my father's house around 9 PM and stayed for about an hour or so. I was scared. I didn't want to have one of my terrible anxiety attacks that incapacitate me for hours. I also wanted to ask my father what did he do before cell phones as he talked on the telephone for most of the time I was there. He got to yawning, quit answering his phone, and I took it as my time to leave as well. Not without getting an ice cold diet Coke out of his refrigerator for the road.

"I'm glad you came over," my father told me as I was leaving which made me feel better. "I love you, son! I hate you're feeling ill."

The kindness I was looking for earlier finally had bubbled to the top and came out which I appreciated.

What is weird is that my crew out in the boonies has not called once today. Where are they? Richard's wife always calls me in the mornings before noon just to see what I am doing.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Your awful quiet...is all well?