Sunday, August 27, 2017

As if He Never Left...

I called Charlie yesterday afternoon to inquire about when my father would be back. My father's and my lackadaisical approach to such matters drives Charlie crazy.

"He's home," Charlie said much to my complete surprise. "Go see him. He has asked me a hundred questions about you and how you did while he was gone."

I called my father and he told me to drive on over and take my medications for the day. Somethings will never change. Dad had just got back from the veterinarian after picking up Samantha the cat. I know Sam was glad to be home along with my father.

Dad and I gave each other a long and warm embrace when I walked through the back door. Dad told me all about his trip and all the wonderful seafood he ate on his visit to the beach -- the grand white beaches of the gulf shores of Florida.

Charlie will be along with breakfast in a few hours. I requested egg McMuffin's this Sunday -- something we've never tried in all these years Charlie has been bringing me breakfast.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

I love the sausage mcmuffin with egg the best...and hash brown...

glittermom said...

You might want to try the sausage mcmuffin, I think it's better then the egg mcmuffin which has Canadian bacon on it which seems like ham.