Tuesday, August 01, 2017

There and Back Again By Andrew...


I have never seen someone buy so much ground beef at one time in my life. I wouldn't be surprised if they grew hooves and started to moo by midweek. They bought 16 rolls of ground beef at Wal-Mart and they filled up their fridge with it. I am not exaggerating at all.

All kidding aside, everything went fine. No anxiety attacks. No nothing mentally adverse. I think I've made two new good friends. They are kind of country, but they are good folks as my grandmother would always say of certain people. I think Rich fell off the hay truck at one point in his life.

I also tested the limits of my endurance and found I could do far more than I thought I could. We went to quite a few places where I was content to sit in the car and chew on a cigar (just like George of George and the Gang fame) while Rich and Tuleana did their business.

I helped bring their groceries into their camper and it was neat as a pin and that made me feel better as well. Crackheads are not going to have a clean kitchen and a big screen television.

Tuleana asked me just as I was about to take them home if she could go talk to her "baby's daddy" in West Point which was way out of the way. I politely told her that we better head back to the camper as I was ready to drive home, see Maggie, and take a nap. I think it got off with her and she was pouting with me, but she will just have to deal with it. I had done my duty.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

You handled that well..

Kran's Crackers said...

I agree with Glittermom, you handled that really well. You did a good deed, and you set your boundaries. Good for you!
- Sharon