Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Eggs Galore...

I cooked enough scrambled eggs to feed an army battalion this morning. Don't worry, my food disposal unit, Maggie, helped me eat it all. Maggie hungrily sat at my feet as I scrambled away. (mind the feet Maggie) I made toasted egg and cheddar cheese sandwiches out of mine and they were very delicious -- they got an A for gluttony. Ah, I could feel my cholesterol rise with every delicious bite. My grandmother ate eggs and bacon almost every morning of her long life and lived to be 89 years old so I am not worried too much. I am worried more about weight gain than anything. I don't want to get the pudgy look going again.

My father, old fuss and feathers, asked me a hundred questions about Rich and Tuleana last night during the medication ritual. He says he is very worried about me.

"They are good folks just down on their luck," I reassuringly told my father.

I hope those aren't my famous last words. Dad says I am way too trusting and naive, and will misjudge other people and their motivations.

"If you start to using too much gas then we are going to have to cut down on your cigars and Cokes," dad told me snarkily with a warning last night.

"Can I use mom's car Friday?" I then asked my father with great trepidation pushing my luck.

Friday, my friends and I are going back to Wal-Mart and mom's Honda Civic just sips gas. That car has great fuel economy. My CR-V just guzzles gas. I think the all-wheel-drive is the culprit.

"Not until we get everything in your name," my father replied to me disappointingly.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I'm with your dad on this one, Andrew. I just don't trust those two even though I can't give you a reason why! Be careful. :O)