Monday, August 07, 2017

Mister Big Spender...

I outdid myself tonight. I managed to spend $120 simoleans on groceries. Dad looked at my cart and sent me back shopping when he realized I didn't have enough to eat. He was very kind tonight.

I sent my father on a scavenger hunt as soon as I walked into Kroger. I needed paper bowls, large plastic cups, Parmesan cheese, and AAA batteries.

"You only spent $54 dollars last week so you use that money you didn't spend," dad told me. "Go back and get you plenty of those Marie Callendar's meals."

Sometimes my father can surprise me like tonight. He was more interested in me having enough to eat and not so much about how much it cost.

 And that is just what I did. I leaned heavily on the turkey pot pies tonight. That's one thing that Marie does right. I also immensely enjoy the turkey and stuffing meal. I got four of those. I couldn't leave without getting two large Marie's 3 meat and 4 cheese lasagnas. The pie du jour was Edwards Hershey's chocolate creme pie. I will let that defrost overnight on the kitchen counter. My biggest expense was the two packs of $8.99 ground chuck for my spaghetti meat sauce.

I then told my father I was going to fill up my car with gas.

"I'm headed home, Chuck," my father tiredly told me with a hug -- handing over the reigns. "Be sure to bring me the receipt tomorrow."