Monday, August 14, 2017

Double Dog Down...

Glittermom, the post you thought was one of my "stories" was perfectly real. I swear by it. It was just sloppily and poorly written on my part which gave it an amateur feel and erratic composure. 

My sweet Maggie was at the door to greet me when I returned home from grocery shopping. She was vigorously wagging her tail as I brought in gallon after gallon of milk. She knows we are now in the land of milk and honey for yet another week. At least, for a few days.

I got over $30 dollars in Marie Callender's meals and a Marie's lemon meringue pie (I call out to the Ethos that this tastes good). This made my father more at ease about my grocery shopping for this week. The total came to $84, but Papa didn't flinch. I also got the fixings for spaghetti and meat sauce for yet one more week.

"Are you okay?" my father asked me worriedly as he helped me load up my groceries into my car at Kroger. "You haven't said a word this whole trip."

I seemed downtrodden and morose is what he told me.

"I'm cycling mentally and fretting," I told him. "I stayed up all night and slept all afternoon. I always feel tired when I do that. I'm afraid I won't sleep tonight."


Earlier in the day, I took Richard and Tuleana out to the park by West Point Dam and the Chattahoochee river. We fed the ducks and geese -- bringing along some stale saltine crackers Tuleana had. They just get bored and want to get out of the house. Tuleana called me early this morning making sure I was up and going. We stopped by and I showed them the river house which is coming leaps and bounds in its remodeling.

Interestingly, Tuleana gave me lots of food today like instant mashed potatoes, frozen ground beef, canned peaches, beef stew and the likes. I told her I very much appreciated that.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Did your friends ever have a car? I can't remember what you said about them.

glittermom said...

I'd love to see a picture of the river house....