Thursday, August 17, 2017

Cut Off At the Pass By this Horrendous Heat...

I tried to do a little indulgent train watching this afternoon, but it was just too stifling hot. The tracks and ballast were shimmering like a mirage in the heat as I looked down the tracks for a train. I got back in my car with the air conditioner on full blast, tucked my tail between my legs, and headed home. I didn't see one train.

When I got home, I pulled up the National Weather Service web page and they said the temperature was 94° degrees. No wonder I was so miserable in that concrete jungle that surrounded me.

I don't have much to say today, but I will tell you an interesting story of the time I worked at Circle K just down the road.

I kept having this black dude come in every night wanting to use the bathroom. I would give him the key until I wizened up on his ways. He was grabbing a six pack of ice beer and guzzling/drinking it in the bathroom and here I thought he was just chronically constipated. You can get quite tipsy and drunk off a six pack of Natural Ice -- the alcohol being concentrated by the ice brewing process.

The next night he asked for the key and I immediately turned around and called the police as soon as the bathroom door shut. It turns out he was drinking the beer and throwing the empty cans up into the tiled ceiling with us none the wiser. The cops moved a ceiling tile and empty beer cans came pouring out onto the floor and into the toilet.

No comments: