Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Should I Plug in the Phone?


Yes, that is the question. It is raining pretty heavily here today and looks like it may just rain overnight as well. I just plugged in the phone after sleeping until noon which negates any of the silence I am enjoying at the moment. I bet I get a call from Tuleana within the hour wanting to go do something. I will politely decline as I don't want to drive in a steady rain today. She will also ask me if I managed to get a full tank of gas. I hope her and Richard are not too terribly disappointed.

I hope to take them to lunch tomorrow down at the Western Sizzlin as a surprise. I've just got to get $40 out of old fuss and feathers. They have a great food bar and the steaks are just scrumptious.

(Like clockwork she just called me within moments of plugging in my phone)

"What are you up to?" Tuleana asked me very inquisitively. "Richard is playing video games on his PlayStation."

"I am writing in my journal," I replied matter-of-factly. "I would take y'all to go do something, but I don't want to get out in the rain."

"I know how you feel. Hopefully, we will see you tomorrow," Tuleana said and we got off the phone.

That was short and sweet with little imposition.

I then called my father to get my injection ready for Thursday.

"You're doing better than I am, Chuck," dad told me. "I had completely forgotten about it again."

I went ahead and warned Tuleana earlier that I would sleep all day come Thursday.

1 comment:

Kran's Crackers said...

I'm glad you're good at asserting yourself when you don't want to do something. You don't really know Richard and Tuleana all that well yet, and you don't want to be put in a position where they take advantage of your kindness. Remember to take care of yourself first and foremost!
- Sharon