Friday, August 18, 2017

And the Sun of my World Rose Over the Horizon...

"Get your ass out here and help me carry this stuff inside," Charlie said loudly while laughing and sitting in his car.

I got off my butt and hurried out the front door as Maggie barked wildly and jubilantly behind the screen.

"I am so sorry I am so late," Charlie said to me with a very pained and worried voice. "Horsefly had a conniption fit when he started bowling gutter balls at the bowling alley. He was stompin' his feet and crying."

Everybody bowls a gutter ball sometimes...

Charlie handed me a Zaxby's bag and a sack with three "leaded" Coca-Colas which just thrilled me to death.

"What did you get me at Zaxby's?" I asked Charlie excitedly.

"I got you a wings and fingers sampler plate," he replied. "But it is probably cold now."

I headed for the front door with Charlie hot on my heels carrying my daily six diet Cokes, my Swisher Sweets cigars, and my medications. We took my medications and Charlie took it upon himself to carry out all my trash for which I rolled my eyes exasperatedly.

"Now, you call me if you need me," Charlie told me. "Don't hesitate to call for any reason."

Charlie then stopped before he left and asked me if I wanted tomorrow's meds before he took Horsefly to his matinee or afterward.

"Bring them before if you don't mind," I told him.

Charlie and I exchanged "love yous" as he headed out the door to home.

No comments: