Monday, August 28, 2017

Moving in Silent Desperation...


Well, the gravy train is certainly over after last week's windfall. Papa is supervising a much-needed grocery night tonight. No more $134 shopping sprees like with Charlie. Where did all that food go? I was moving in silent desperation wondering if he saw last week's receipt yet -- afraid to call my father.

"I just walked out to get the paper. I almost missed your call," my father said when I called him this afternoon. "How in the hell did you and Charlie spend so much on groceries last week?"

Dad was obviously looking at the receipt. I chuckled extremely nervously. It was time to pay the piper.

"He kept putting items in my cart that he thought I might like," I replied to my father. "I protested to no avail."

"I go away for a week and you two go on a grand shopping spree. Molten lava cakes?"

"Can we get some gas tonight at Kroger?" I then asked my father trying to change the subject unsuccessfully. "I am on dead empty."

"Sure," my father replied. "We'll fill up your car, but we are putting you and Charlie on the economy food plan."

I laughed.

"Sheesh," dad said exasperatedly. "I will see you at nine tonight!"

No comments: