Friday, August 18, 2017

The Ties that Bind Are Broken...

I am not a very bright man at times. I can make a lot of mistakes, but I usually learn from them. I am also too trusting and I get very lonely with just Maggie and me in this here old house. My quest was only to find some good friends. I do think I am intelligent enough to realize when something is not right and terribly amiss, though.

I had to cut-off ties with my County Road 388 camper crew. Some things were just not adding up leaving me perplexed and I was getting dragged down with that sinking ship.

Tuleana called me this morning asking for food "I sure wish I had something to eat" and I told her I would bring her some turkey pot pies at two.  All the while, they were installing cable and the internet at their house while we were talking.

They were also wanting me to take them to Walmart at 2 PM so Richard could buy something from electronics. I said goodbye in my mind at that point. I felt like a used tissue full of green, gooey snot. I am just going to lay low for a week or two and let this storm roll over with me hopefully unscathed. They are just crazy unmedicated white trash and I know crazy well.

3 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Calling them "white trash" seems rather unkind. They are poor, but that is nothing to be ashamed of. If they have taken advantage of you... of course that IS INDEED wrong, but is that what they did? Only you know for sure, but could Tulena' s comment perhaps have simply been meant as a casual statement, and not begging you to bring her food?

So, I guess I am saying, please think about what you experienced overall with them. If they hurt and took advantage of you, then yes.... sever the relationship. But, if this decision is about this one comment... think carefully about how she meant it before you take action.

PipeTobacco

Rita said...

I am so sorry this happened to you. What they have been doing to you is horrible. Trust your gut about your experience.

skinny minny said...

I thought you said that someone else was arranging for them to get cable/internet? Her mom?
Totally agree with not letting people take advantage or use you and you did seem to take them out a lot.
still... like pipe tobacco asked you reacting to one thing? Was it an expensive electronic that the money could have paid for food or was it an inexpensive one that would even buy milk?
speaking of groceries...do you qualify for food stamps? I would think you might since you are getting other assistance...