Saturday, August 19, 2017

Laissez-faire...

Laissez-faire is my new attitude about what's going on. I am just going to be an innocent and unwitting bystander amidst the maelstrom around me.  Come what may as some people say. Right now the phone is unhooked and I am sequestered safely in my house.

It is quite amazing that I even attempted to make friends given my social phobias. I tipped my toe in the water and the water is still quite cold.

The Chuck Wagon Arrives...

Charlie arrived earlier and it was a whirlwind of a visit. It still didn't stop him from taking out my trash again, though. He brought me a big bag of Arby's roast beef sandwiches -- my favorite fast food.

"I've got to get Horsefly to the movies pronto or he will pitch another conniption fit," Charlie told me as he was running late.

Charlie gave me some sage advice while we were in the laundry room performing Maggie's ritual.

"You know?" Charlie said. "You get to pick and choose the people you want in your life and you have picked wisely to let them go. Don't let anyone tell you differently."

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Was Charlie referring to your new friends? The ones your ignoring at the moment?

Kran's Crackers said...

Believe me, we've all had times where we had to cut loose someone we considered a friend. It has nothing to do with social anxiety and everything to do with protecting yourself from being taken advantage of. You're doing the right thing, these apparently weren't the right people for you to be friends with. However, that doesn't mean sometime in the future you won't find someone better suited to be friends with. Friendship has to be a two say street, not one way, or it will never work.
- Sharon -