Thursday, August 31, 2017

Rainy Night of the Living Dead...

Virtual Walmart Employees
It's just turned 4:30 am and I have just returned from a trip to Walmart or the entity I affectionately call Wally World. I waited for all of this rain to abate for awhile and a break in the rain finally happened.

I needed some RCA patch cables for my home theater (hooking up the minidisc player) and it has been bugging the hell out of me that my home theater is incomplete.

Oh, BTW, the cheap audio cables work just as well as the expensive ones. A word to the wise. Only audiophiles can tell the difference and that is quite questionable as well.

The Walmart employees were all like these automatons -- going through the motions as if having been programmed and manipulated.

"What's going on my brotha?" one abnormally friendly mulatto fellow asked breaking down cardboard boxes near the main aisle.

"Trying to beat this next batch of rain my friend," I replied back to him cheerfully -- too cheerful for this early in the morning.

I chuckled when I saw one fellow purchasing big rubber boots, or what some would call goulashes, ahead of me. He's going to need them as we have much more rain on the way. I hurried home before it could start storming in earnest again and all this rain coming off the Gulf of Mexico looks almost angry.

6 comments:

diana said...

Can't deal with the wires. Went wireless last year with chrome cast and Sonos.

glittermom said...

Have Tuleana and Rich stopped calling?

Jenny. said...

I wondered the same thing!

skinny minny said...

if it is rain from Harvey...sorry but glad that Drunk asshole is finally gone from my neck of the woods in Houston. hoping the next one developing in the gulf leaves us alone and that Irma out in the Atlantic doesn't even make landfall anywhere

Summer said...

OK it's Sunday and I need my Charlie biscuit fix.

glittermom said...

Getting close to injection time so I imagine your not feeling up to snuff! We'll see later. Take care.