Sunday, August 13, 2017

Kentucky Fried Charlie...

"Dammit! I am not mad at you. I am just tired from working in the yard all day," Charlie told me in a gruff manner.

I had posed that question because Charlie was surly and abrupt tonight. I tend to internalize other peoples moods and emotions. That sounds so selfish doesn't it?

I really cleaned my house tonight so Charlie wouldn't feel compelled to do so as well. He still found things to do anyway. He began sweeping my floors making big dust bunnies of dog hair that I didn't know were there. He also threw out my collection of empty milk jugs that had accumulated on top of the fridge.

"What's for supper tonight?" I then asked Charlie hungrily.

"I got you the chicken strips $5 dollar fill-up," Charlie replied.

Charlie and I then commenced with the coveted medications ritual followed by Maggie's ritual. I was very glad to get my medications and settle down for the day.

"Where in the hell is Papa?" I finally asked Charlie before he left.

"He is at your nephew's birthday party," Charlie replied very hesitantly.

I guess I wasn't supposed to ask that question it seems.

No comments: