Monday, August 21, 2017

Eclipse or Bust...

Well, the eclipse was a bust. It was cloudy and has rained here for most of the afternoon. I set my alarm clock to wake me up almost before totality and was greeted by foul weather and a man across the street digging a hole in my neighbor's front yard oblivious to the event (for sale sign). Maggie and I went back to bed with me being terribly disappointed feeling I had missed out on the event of the century.

My great-grandfather used to tell stories of the eclipse of the early 1900's and said the chickens went to roost it got so dark and all the colored folk went crazy thinking it was the end of the world. Dad loves to tell that story. It did get very dark here looking like it was late dusk or early dawn.

Grocery Shopping with the Charles Meister...

The overseers of the universe are laughing at my photo...

"Now you are not talking me out of buying groceries tonight," Charlie told me a moment ago as I traditionally have done with him.

I get these malaise's where I will call Charlie and put it off for a night thinking I will never be able to buy groceries in my mental state. I can get away with it with Charlie. My father would never take no for an answer. He would drag me to Kroger in the deepest throes of mental illness and has done so before.

"You will be glad to have it done," he will say to me.

"We are going to take your medications and head to Kroger around nine." Charlie added.

Charlie will encourage me to buy lots of food which will be nice. I am going to get the fixings to cook my spaghetti and meat sauce two nights this week. That will be a real treat.

Traditionally, I have always gotten four gallons of milk per week. I think I am going to break from tradition and get four gallons of Milo's sweet tea and forego frosted flakes cereal this week. I have been eating frosted flakes every week for years now.

No comments: