Saturday, August 12, 2017

Stiff Upper Lip As the Brits Say...

One problem after another has been the name of the game that is my life these days. I have been beseeched with bad luck is seems. This morning I walked out and my car wouldn't crank. The battery was dead due to the brake lights being stuck on. I called Papa and he drove over here within the hour and got me back on the road. I carefully checked to make sure my brake lights were off before walking inside. I did take a nice long and leisurely country road excursion out Spring road to make sure the battery charged back up.

"You've basically got the shit knocked out of you this weekend, son," my father told me as we stood out in this Southern heat trying to get my car to crank.

Troublesome Neurons...

I hate to complain as it does no good, but I have had a terrible time with my mental illness the past few days. I felt as if I were about to jump out of my skin yesterday and today which makes sleep troublesome and it compounds the problem.

"I've got your medications if you want to take them," my father said earlier before leaving.

"Let's get back to our usual schedule of taking them at night," I told my father and he agreed.

"You've got a good head on your shoulders today," he said showering me with praise.

There has to be a certain simple order to my life or my life seemingly spirals out of control as it has the past few days.

My Crew is Ready to Roll...

"Hey Jon, Jon," Tuleana said upon my answering the phone this morning. "What time are we going tomorrow?"

"I'll be by with breakfast between 9:30 AM and 10:30 AM," I told her. "Then we will head to Wal-Mart after y'all eat."

No comments: