Friday, August 25, 2017

Time to Settle Into My Nightly Routines...

Charlie has been by finally. I thought he would never get here tonight. I was anxious to take my medications and fall into that sleepy and dopey calm they impart upon me. I saw his car turn at the corner and Maggie and I both got excited. We both recognized his car. Maggie whined and then yelped as Charlie pulled up to the curb.

"I owe you a big favor," Charlie said with a hug. "You saved my butt big time this morning."

"You've saved my butt countless, countless times over the years so we are even," I replied back to Charlie.

Charlie then asked me where he should go to get a new tire.

"West Point Tire and Auto," I replied to Charlie. "The shop looks like a dump, but they do awesome work."

Something is really bugging Maggie tonight outside. She greeted Charlie and then returned to her guard duties in the backyard. I noticed when I walked out to the curb to greet Charlie that all the neighborhood dogs were in an uproar. The neighborhood dog grapevine was in full effect.

No comments: