Sunday, August 27, 2017

All We Ever Do is Say Goodbye...

Boy, was I sure glad to see the KFC cavalcade come pulling up in front of my house. It was already past 9 pm. Maggie and I gave my father and Charlie the grand arrival treatment. Maggie was barking in earnest and I was cajoling them to hurry and come inside. Maggie was being bad tonight and tried to escape out the door to go meet them. That is my job.

"Maggie, you little shit. You know you are not supposed to do that," I admonished her while pulling her away from the door. She was so excited and ready to bolt.

"You hungry?" Charlie asked me as I walked out to his car.

"I am ravished," I replied anxiously.

I was quite ready to eat my chocolate chip cookie.

Dad was riding shotgun -- gathering all my items to carry inside. Charlie handed me my drink and Horsefly's drink as well.

"You give Horsefly a Coke and he sure will be blowing chunks in just a few minutes," Charlie told me laughing jovially. "He can only drink Sprite Zero."

I woefully hated to see Charlie and dad leave. I was lonesome tonight for some guests and that is odd for me. Usually, I am content in being in my own little world.

"I love you, son," Dad said giving me another bear hug and he then followed Charlie out the front door.

Glittermom -- The sausage egg McMuffin's were delicious this morning. Thanks for the tip. You probably remember that I don't care much for ham/Canuck bacon.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

They are much better with the sausage! I too am not a ham fan.