Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Quiet, Peace, Solitude...

Like most introverts in this busy and noisy world, I have to recharge from time to time. I've spent a peaceful and quiet day cooking foods I love and curled up in my Laz-E-Boy with my laptop and a book or two. I am trying to read the sequel to Gone with the Wind when my concentration levels allow. The book was simply called Scarlett.

I also have felt a strong disdain for the phone today and haven't answered it since my last rendezvous with Tuleana. It got unplugged from the wall and my iPhone is turned off as well.

"Why aren't you answering your phones?" my father will say when he walks through my front door for the medication ritual tonight.

Welcome to the Internet...

Tuleana called me all excited this afternoon when her mother agreed to help them get hooked up with cable TV and the internet. I got very excited as well. They don't have a computer, but I have an older laptop that will allow them to surf the web and get on FaceBook. They have traditionally used their smart phones to get on FaceBook.

"The battery is shot on it, but it works fine if you plug it in," I told Tuleana."You can order cheap new batteries for it on the internet."

I am also donating an older Linksys wireless internet router so Richard can get online wirelessly with his PlayStation 3 and with the laptop as well.

1 comment:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I tried looking back, but could not readily find it... what is the situation with your two new friends? Are they super poor from a medical/physical condition they have, or was it due to just really bad hard luck? And, how was it they ended up so isolated in the country rather than at a more readily walkable distance from the main part of town?

I do not believe you mentioned this or not, but what are their long range plans or goals? Do they want to try to get work somewhere or perhaps go to school or something else?

PipeTobacco