Thursday, August 03, 2017

Stay Awhile... Stay As Long As You Please...

This stuff smells wonderful.
He Wasn't So Fussy and the Feathers Weren't Flying...

I got on one of my Mad Hatter house cleaning fits today. It is a once in a blue moon kind of thing for me to do.

"I'm heading to Kroger to get some Fabuloso, a mop, and a bucket," I told my father who was at work to approve the debit transaction.

"Are you cleaning your house?" dad asked and I said yes. "Well, thank Jesus! Get up all that dog hair while you are at it."

Dad inspected my house upon arrival tonight. We both agreed that us two are just not very domestic -- cleaning house doesn't come easy to us. He was amazed at what I got accomplished, though.

Dad stayed a very long time tonight regaling me in stories of when my mother worked with him at the pharmacy. They were all very interesting. My mother was a pistol for sure and we laughed and laughed. I can't even imagine my father and mother both working at the pharmacy together. That is like when oil meets water.

Making Our Rounds...

Tuleana's called me several times today. She wants to go back to Wal-Mart, her mother's house, and Charter bank. I told her I would be glad to take her. Hell, it gives me something to do instead of sitting in front of my computers all day and obsessively scheming of my next hardware purchase. I have very much enjoyed our new found camaraderie.

"I'll see you in the morning at nine my time," I told her tonight. "And make sure Richard is going with us."

I also have a whole bag of DVDs to give to Richard tomorrow. They don't have cable television way out in the boonies where they live. He is going to really enjoy all the Star Trek and Star Wars DVDs I am bringing him. He is a big Trekkie and a Star Wars fanatic.

No comments: