Friday, August 04, 2017

Here's a Cluck, There's a Cluck, Everywhere's a Cluck Cluck...

Oh, My Gawd! I was so stomach grumbling hungry today. I was ravished. I could really empathize with all the starving children in Africa. The fried chicken in the deli at Wal-Mart smelled so delicious it was almost painful and tortuous.

I walked back out to the car to smoke until Tuleana and Rich could finish their shopping.

"We are about finished," Tuleana reassured me.

She was loading their cart with Walmart brand spaghetti rings and meatballs.

"She'll eat it straight out of the can," Rich told me as if some taboo had been evoked.

They got a shitload of groceries with their food-stamps and encouraged me to sign up as well. I don't think I am eligible, though. I don't want to be sucking off any more government teats than I already am.

"Who's up for lunch?" I asked them after we settled back into my car and I turned the key.

My Honda started to purr like the kitten she is.

"My favorite thing is the mashed potatoes and gravy at Kentucky Fried Chicken," Richard said sounding anxious and hopeful.

"I will eat anything," Tuleana said plainly from the backseat.

"Then KFC it is," I told my new found friends.

"Rich, get one of the $5 dollar fill-ups as they have double the usual amount of mashed potatoes and gravy," I told him. "And you also get a delicious chocolate chip cookie for a dessert."

No comments: