Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Where Art Thou Papa?

It's a very good feeling when you're needing your crazy meds and the crazy med carrier turns onto your street down by the curb. Dad's car is unmistakable. Maggie was looking out the window as well. We were both holding a vigil.

Yes, Papa has arrived, administered medications, and left. I can really tell it is injection time today. Luckily, I had no pressing responsibilities on this Tuesday. I stayed home, cooked a lot of comfort foods, and rested.

"It is fixing to start pouring down rain," I told my father urgently as I thanked him for being early.

We hurriedly took my meds and then came Maggie's ritual. She gets fresh food and water every night. The food she doesn't eat from the previous night gets thrown out every evening.

"The wackos were out in force today at the pharmacy," my father said chuckling as he headed out my door. "We had lots of pill counters who said they were shorted a pill or two."

"Full moon," I replied and we both got a hearty laugh out of that.

"You're exactly right," dad said as he ran to his car.

It was starting to rain in earnest.

Dad also said my house smelled wonderful with my spaghetti sauce bubbling away on the stove. I was grinning and glad he noticed that.

No comments: