Thursday, August 17, 2017

Errands of Mighty Mercy...

"I am at the car-wash in Valley," my father told me yesterday waking me up from a very deep slumber. "I am going to swing by your house and give you your medications on my way home."

I looked at the clock and it read 5 O'Clock. It was a little early for medications, but I felt I needed them none-the-less.

"I'll see you in a few minutes," my father said and we got off the phone abruptly.

"What are you doing sleeping in the day?" my father worriedly asked as we sat on my couch after he had arrived at my house.

The X5 was all bright and shiny for a trip I would soon learn.

I was still in my pajamas and all-the-while Maggie was ardently vying for my father's attention.

"I've already told you that I am cycling mentally and I get my days and nights mixed up," I replied exasperated for the umpteenth millionth time.

"Well, I just worry about you," my father told me.

I don't know what's going on chemically or neuron wise in my brain, but I got an extra helluva kick in the deriere from my medications yesterday. It was quite a very pleasant and intoxicating feeling -- my head all giddy with glee.

Dad also told me he is leaving Friday to spend a week at the beach with his cousins.

"Your uncle Charlie will take good care of you while I am gone," he told me. "I am giving him a hundred dollars and he will bring you a fast food meal and a drink every night."

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Couldn't you put the meds aside and wait at least a few more hours. Now if you have to wait till night time the next day you'll feel worse.