Monday, August 28, 2017

Tired, Weary and Saddleworn...


Bringing in my groceries tonight felt like a gargantuan task to me as I pulled into my front yard and backed up to the front steps. I trudged back and forth from the car to the kitchen until I got them all on the kitchen counter ever minding Maggie's whereabouts. Step one. Then, it was time to put them away. I cracked open an ice cold Fanta orange as fuel for this task as I leaned on the counter and surveyed my acquisitions. Then it was time for step two: fill those cupboards.

Last week, I got 4 gallons of mediocre non-caffeinated Kroger tea and went back to milk this week. At least, I am getting some nutrition from the milk. The tea was lackluster with a weird twang to its taste.

Kroger, thank the Ethos, finally had their version of Frosted Flakes (with a new look) in stock after weeks and weeks of being out. Tea? Exit stage left. Milk? Now is your time to shine.

Like a broken record, I also got enough provisions to make my spaghetti twice this week as well. Play it again Sam.

My biggest worry and aggravation tonight was finding Kroger grated Parmesan cheese for my spaghetti. It was in the most unlikely place near the bathrooms. I must've looked for 10 minutes.

My only impulse buy was 10 cans of Chef Boyardee for $10. Oh, and I did buy some apple juice as well that wasn't planned.

No comments: