Friday, August 25, 2017

Charlie's Stroke of Bad Luck...

I was sound asleep when the phone obnoxiously rang. I looked at the clock and it showed 9:30 am. I didn't get to bed until almost 5 am. I was running on 4 hours of sleep.

"I knew I should've unplugged the phone," I said to myself as I crawled out of the bed.

Maggie immediately jumped off the bed and ran to the phone. The phone usually means something is up and happening around these parts. Maggie can also recognize the voices and gets excited.

"Andrew!" Charlie said sheepishly when I answered. "I hit something on the road and it flattened my tire."

I am renowned in the family for my expertise in such matters.

"Where are you?" I asked Charlie, not beating around the bush.

"On the main road to highway 280 just before you get into Lafayette," Charlie replied.

Charlie was headed to work.

"I will be there in 30 minutes tops," I told Charlie and I moved with swift action.

Charlie very audibly sighed with relief.

Charlie must have had a run-in with a military tank as his left front tire was completely shredded. Most likely he must have tried to drive on it, but the rim seemed okay. I had his full-size spare tire on in just a few short minutes. Charlie has also been known to hit a curb or two just like my mother would always do as well.

"Charlie? I am running dangerously low on gas," I then told him.

I followed Charlie to the gas station in town and we filled up my car to the brim.

"Do you want to go to Jack's and get a good breakfast?" Charlie asked me.

Jack's does have the best breakfast around here.

"I'm headed back to the bed," I told him in a polite way.

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Doesn't anybody there have AAA? They are a life saver.

Jane said...

I think it's great the way you helped Charlie! I bet Charlie thinks so too!

glittermom said...

It gives you a chance to pay Charlie back for everything he does for you...true friends.