Saturday, August 19, 2017

At an Impasse of Gargantuan Proportions...

I am at a certain impasse as to what to do about Rich and Tuleana. I have decided to just not answer the phone for a few weeks and lay low. Unfortunately, they know where I live, but I don't have to answer the door nor can they drive here.

"Just lay low," my father said echoing my thoughts this morning absolutely thrilled with my new decision. "I will let the phone ring twice and then you can call me back. Or I can call your cell phone if you will just turn it on. Your good heart always gets you in trouble in these kinds of situations."

"I simply just wanted some friends to hang out with," I told Papa innocently.

"I know the lady you are speaking of," dad then said when I revealed her maiden name. "Not too many people are called Tuleana. She used to come in the pharmacy all the time and she is terribly bad news."

"What are you going to do?" dad then asked me to reassure himself and to reassure me as well.

"I am going to lay low and sever ties with them," I replied to my father.

"That's what I wanted to hear," my father said. "Trust me. You are doing the right thing and don't worry about hurting their feelings. They had no qualms about trampling all over yours."

No comments: