Monday, July 31, 2017

Oh-My-Gosh! Yippee!


They finally had my lemon meringue pie in stock! I almost got heart arrhythmia and fainted when I opened the freezer door and pulled it out with my chilly, clammy hands. It was like holding the Holy Grail of frozen pies. Into my cart it went. I am now wishing I got two of them, but I was trying to be budget conscious.

I thought I had gone way over budget on my groceries tonight and I ended up spending only $54 dollars. That worried my father deeply -- my misjudgment. I got what I thought was a lot of expensive sandwich meat, but I guess it wasn't that expensive after all. I also got Hebrew National jumbo franks for hot dogs which I so adore. Those things are pretty pricey as well.

"Do you want to go back in and get some Marie's meals?" dad asked me urgingly as I loaded my Honda up with groceries.

"I will be fine," I reassuringly replied to my father. "I will just have to be very judicious with the food I bought tonight."

"Well, at least you got your journal writing sodas," dad said with a chuckle. "Priorities, right?"

I didn't know if he was joking or being serious.

Dad told me he was going to cook a pot roast with the trimmings, his mother's macaroni and cheese, and rattlesnake beans towards the end of the week. He assured me that would help tide me over till next Monday and yet another grocery store visit.

No comments: