Thursday, July 27, 2017

Par for the Course...

Super Big Kudos go out to Glittermom for helping me remember this!!!

"What are you doing?" my father asked me as I walked into the pharmacy this early morning at nine.

The pharmacy is off limits to me except on injection day. Dad doesn't like me coming in and getting sodas all the time as I have been known to do -- imposition as it is.

"It is time for my injection," I replied to him with a big toothy grin.

Dad fawned all over me for remembering when he forgot. It was amazing I got it all together this morning as I woke up not feeling very well mentally. I slept with the alarm blaring for another hour until 8 AM.

"Thank you so much for remembering," dad said with more fawning. "It hadn't even dawned on me that your shot was due. I am going to do something neat and nice for you in return."

I had to wait for a few minutes while they filled the prescription and then I was on my way to Kamath Medical.

I was signing in when my nurse, Rebecca, stepped into the lobby and told me to come on back.

"That was fast!!!" I exclaimed to Rebecca excitedly.

"We aim to please," she said with a chuckle as I grinned feverishly.

We talked mainly about her kids and the summer, and then heading back to school. Small talk is easy with Rebecca because of her children when it usually stymies me normally.

"Now, I've injected your right butt cheek for the past six to eight weeks," Rebecca admonished me. "We are going to do your left butt cheek today before you start getting scar tissue."

Dee Dee had my next appointment card sitting on the reception counter as I grinned some more as I told her I loved her. If a black lady could blush then she would have been blushing.

I arrived back at the pharmacy and dad was standing up front waiting on me. I handed him my next appointment card and got something in return.

"Here is $10 dollars," he told me. "Go get you your ham and cheese omelet you so love up at the Waffle House."

I asked for $15 and he pulled out $5 more dollars.

"I've got to tip well, you know?" I said with another sly grin.

I got a familiar waitress today. She asked me if I wanted my usual breakfast.

"Add an extra order of buttery toast," I told her.

I finally arrived home and crashed for the day. I always sleep all day the day of my injection. It makes me so very drowsy. Maggie just adores it when we do this. I slept all day until 5 PM this afternoon.

2 comments:

Kran's Crackers said...

I thank goodness for the calendar on my cell phone. It gives me reminders of everything I program in there, especially doctor's appointments. It's a good idea, if you have a smartphone with a calendar app, to program this kind of thing. Just a suggestion. Feel better soon!
- Sharon

Andrew said...

Sharon,

Thank you for the advice. My iPhone is now set to remind me of my next injection. Bless you, for such a simple solution.