Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Attack of the Brewskis...


It has been several years since I drank a simple beer. I remember the last one I drank gave me a vicious and pounding headache. George had given me a six pack. My neighbor, George, is outside drinking beer as we speak in this heat. I hear the characteristic sound of beer cans being periodically cracked open. I can amazingly hear it from this back computer room.

I sat here a  moment ago and noted to myself that an ice cold beer would suit me just fine at that moment (danger! boredom was setting in). That's all it takes to start back drinking. I counted the cash in my wallet and I had $24 dollars to spend.  And then I thought of that last beer I drank many years ago and the vicious headache that resulted. "Maybe, I won't have that beer," I said to myself. There was a collective sigh heard echoing throughout the ethos at that moment. One of them being me. I dodged the proverbial bullet once again. If I were smart, I would call right now for my medications, but my father probably wouldn't answer.

1 comment:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

You could go and sit and talk with your neighbor, George. I think it would do you a world of good to have a non- relative to talk with as a friend. And, if you don't want to drink beer, then take over several bottles of the soda pop you have and drink that. It would be valuable to have a friend.

PipeTobacco