Monday, July 24, 2017

Oh, Woe is Me...

the best meal out of the bunch by far
I was going to go grocery shopping tonight at the Piggly Wiggly until my father called me earlier in the day saying he was going shopping with me this evening. He plainly said he missed our little shopping soirees together and I told him I did too. Hell, to be honest, I need the help.

Each Monday night shopping trip is preceded with the medication ritual and Maggie's ritual. Once that was accomplished then we were on our way.

Don't Always Think the Worse, Andrew...

My father didn't show up until 10:30 PM tonight to go shopping. I panicked! We usually go at 9 PM. I thought he had been in an accident or even worse, gotten a DUI. His phone was dumping me into his voicemail as his phone does when it is turned off. I kept expecting Mein Charlie to call me with bad or horrible news.

I can be kind of persnickety about how my life is organized and ordered and I had the mother lode of anxiety attacks as we were shopping. The store started to spin as my heart raced in my chest. I leaned on my cart and trudged forward when I wanted to leave the cart, exit Kroger, and drive the hell home. I've done this before and my father found my cart, purchased my items and brought them to me.

"Lean on me," my father said. "We'll get through this together."

I did manage to get $74 dollars worth of groceries. I was pleased as punch that we are having my spaghetti and meat sauce for lunch and dinner tomorrow and we also, almost miraculously, got a lot of Papa pleasing Marie Callendar meals.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Is there a reason why your father won't shop at the Pig?