Wednesday, July 05, 2017

The Five O' Clock Jive Turkey Vibe...


The phone started to ring furiously as I and the Magster were taking a nap in the back bedroom. I hurried to the computer room to answer it where the phone resides. I was hoping it was family and it was.

"I hate to give you your medication so early, but I've got a dinner date tonight," my father told me. "I'll be there about five."

I quickly went about getting myself together and I told Maggie to do the same.
(laughs out loud)

"Papa's coming," I told Maggie and she immediately flew into the den to get in the window on the back of the couch. She was on look out. Shortly, I heard her squeal several times signifying my father was here. I met him at the front door trying to keep Maggie inside. Maggie was like an unbridled horse today.

Dad reeked of aftershave and my medications did as well. I begrudgingly gulped them down with an acrid taste in my mouth.

No comments: