Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Lost In Andrew Land...

"Do you have to work today?" I innocently asked my father this morning oblivious to what day it was.

"It is the 4th of July ding-head!" my father exclaimed as he chuckled. "I am cooking my famous barbecue chicken on a shovel at your sister's house."

Dad asked me if I wanted to go but I waved him off -- too much family for one day. I often wonder why I end up alone on holidays and it is my very own fault for the most part. They family always asks me to come and join in on the revelry.

"Charlies bringing you some lunch around noon," my father then told me figuring I wouldn't go as he expected.

Charlie was pretty much on time with two deliciously tasty grilled burgers, potato salad, potato chips, and a slice of coconut pie (almost like a custard pie). Charlie also brought a gallon of his fresh brewed iced tea which was a godsend since I am a little dehydrated today and don't won't to drink up all my milk.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

A lot of people work on the 4th...stores,etc are all open around here...even mcdonalds!