Monday, July 03, 2017

Disheveled...

"You look a little disheveled today," my father said from across the table as we ate.

Dad had fixed us tomato and ham sandwiches for lunch. The baked Ruffles were pretty good as well.

"I am kinda having trouble getting it together day," I replied. "I feel so unmotivated."

"Lunch will do you good and then you can go home and get ready to go grocery shopping tonight."

Dad was so like his mother in this experience with him it was uncanny. His mother would say the same things. I headed home. Took a shower and put clean clothes on. Now, it is just a matter of time before we go shopping at 9 PM.

***************************************************

"I've got a surprise for you tonight," Charlie said smiling last night. "Check out the side on your KFC meal."

I had asked if  KFC offered macaroni and cheese as a side and they did.

"Call me tonight," Charlie said excited and tell me how it tasted," Charlie asked of me.

The macaroni was pretty good and it would be awesome doctored up with a little real cheddar added in.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Thats funny cause older people always think a hearty meal will fix everything. They get offended if you refuse to eat.